Thursday, March 26, 2009

Button Blossoms




Last bag for this not-so-springlike week.
So, to create some of our own enjoyable outdoors, allow me to present: Button Blossoms.

The bag measures 10 x 11 inches.


No school again today. Underneath the mounds of snow is a sheet of sheer ice.
Yesterday, I saved the remnants of my scattering sanity by walking to the gas station for brownie ice cream and a movie for the kids. (ice cream=me. movie=children.) We get numbed by our own vices. Yummy. (and yes, I did share the ice cream. picky, picky.)
$35.00 starts us off today. Next week is "spring break" so I'll likely be outside planting daffodils in the snow dunes, and may need to take a few extra days off to commit myself to a psychiatric institution. One of those fancy ones where the grass is always green and the sun comes out for more than just a tease...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time bidding for me...I'm in for $35.00

Anonymous said...

I love the inside pocket. Hope your enjoying the snow. Do you have school today?

Anonymous said...

today felt like powdered sugar snow.....

when will the bidding on this bag end???

have a great day!

chiromomma said...

This bag has my name written allllllllllll over it. $50.
I'd also like to know when the bidding ends on this one. :)
Great job!

joyce said...

sorry guys.... Leaking brain fluid.
Let's go til 7 am friday morning.
March 27.

Betty said...

Beautiful! $55

Anonymous said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to buy a bag from here but have always been too shy! But this bag is the most amazing bag ever!!

I big $65 for it. I would bid more but I am only a poor university student :(

Thanks, Jess Erb

joyce said...

no school for two days running now.
I love you, first time bidder. Always a compliment.(and postpones my phobia that one day..... this place will dry and and blow away...)
Jess- that's the cutest thing I ever heard. I'm glad you overcame your shyness to join in the fray!

Roo said...

you got out?? lucky! i haven't been out since SATURDAY. :) that ice cream sounds amazing...i might have to get flyin brian to pick me up some on his way home from WORK.

ps this bag is one of my favorites. hmm. just a thought - have you ever thought about making a bag with CHALK BOARD paint on the flap??? :) maybe i've been locked indoors too long......

gophercheeks said...

Great bag Joyce, I support the chalk board paint flap idea!!! I think you should go for it, just go for it!!


Hey I wanted to ask if you are in the flood zone, that's melted snow water not melted ice cream?

chiromomma said...

$70 up early in the morning to bid on this beautiful bag. I hope it works. :)

joyce said...

right on, chiromama!
You got it.

re-joyce@mts.net

joyce said...

And we are sort of on the edge of the flood zone. In 97 this town built a dike to keep the water back, but we are only three miles east of the red river, so it affects a lot of people right around here. This year we are seeing alot of in town flooding, as our ground is saturated, the culverts are frozen, and there is no where for the water to go.

Ourselves, personally? I think we are fine.

chiromomma said...

Yeah!!!!! Now what do I do?

joyce said...

now you send me an e-mail with your mailing address and I tell you that to ship to Wpg is $10.