Saturday, April 4, 2009

placemat bag



What do you get when you look at a placemat in a whole new way?
Well, a bag for Darfur, of course!

I added buttons for some surprise texture.
The green velvety goodness on the bag body is already a textural paradise.

It's a happy bag; employing two of my favourite colours- turquoise and green. (And orange! Makes three... but who's counting?)
10 x 11 inches.
Who will start our auction off with $35.00 Canadian? We'll wrap it up tomorrow morning, April 8. at 7:00 am. (My second teen-ager gets launched on that very day!)

12 comments:

Kelli Moore said...

It makes me happy.
35.00

Anonymous said...

Your bags are all so beautiful Joyce. Thanks for adding some colour to my otherwise colourless life. Sorry I didn't show last night.
L

gophercheeks said...

Oh my...ooohhhh my!!
This bag is just so juicy!!! I could paint my house with those colors!!!!

I just have to say that I think this bag is too wonderful and brilliant to be presented on Tightwad Tuesday. Joyce... I just love this bag!!

Ranavan said...

Oh I love this bag!!!! I have to bid on it - $37

Karen said...

Really cute. $50.

Karen T.

Ranavan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ranavan said...

Oh no Karen!!!! :) Come on! I have been trying for one of these bags forever! Sigh!

$52 :)

Karen said...

Uh oh Rana. We might have to arm wrestle for it. :)

I may bid again tonight, but if it helps, I am never up before 7:30am, so if you're an early riser (and bidder), I can't possibly win!

Karen T.

shaunak said...

It is a lovely bag, Joyce!
I would bid, but I know that Rana needs somewhere to store her referral photos that are going to arrive this week. So I am going to hope she gets it - the referral and the bag :)!

Anonymous said...

This bag is so springy looking...I would like to bid $55.

Karen said...

I'm not sure about the time difference, not sure if I'm too late, but I'm up, so I'll try $60.

Karen T.

joyce said...

well, you couldn't have planned that any better- two minutes to deadline!

Send me an e-mail to re-joyce@mts.net with your mailing address and I'll fill you in on the rest.