Thursday, May 31, 2012

Niverville Fair, and some other thoughts

Hi Joyce,

Let me start by saying I received my bag yesterday. It is wonderful, the picture on your blog does not do it justice. It is beautiful, the colours and fabrics, the attention to detail and the craftmanship. Just lovely!

I love your recommissioning of "lost" materials.

Truly your eye and talent are amazing:)


What a timely note that was on a Wednesday evening, hours and hours after I ought to have posted another bag for sale. Such an encouragement.

I'm simply swamped. This was reconfirmed to me this morning when I noticed that by 7:44 AM, I had: showered, welcomed the first two children into my care, designed and cut out a messenger bag, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned up some cat puke, washed the pots and pans, and written a to do list.


It's going well, and I can say with some confidence now that I WILL be prepared for the Niverville Fair 2012.

. I have reached the count of 61 and a half bags, and that feels pretty darned good. Only about 13 and a half to go, and still a week to "spare"!

I wonder if I'll get to posting more bags before June 8, although my intentions will be good.

It would be oh, so grand if you could all come to the fair, so we could meet and chat. Last year I had such fun meeting people who I'd only known in the virtual world.

Please keep checking, and thanks again for the constant and kind support.

4 comments:

Hutt-Write Voice said...

You'll get it all done, no worry. Lots of fun at the fair!

janice said...

Wow - I got tired reading that. By 7:44 I had showered, brushed my teeth and gotten dressed. . . Like most days.

You will have so much fun at the fair!

Jennie C. said...

I've been getting the sewing bug again. Maybe I'll be ready for the Christmas fairs. I think it would be so much more fun to sell the bags face-to-face and meet the people they are going to. It also gives you a chance to talk about what the funds are for. You inspire me. Keep sewing!

joyce said...

Jennie, remarkable that I can inspire, feeling on near empty! Thanks for those encouraging words. It would be fun to meet at a sale, wouldn't it?
Once bitten by the sewing bug, few recover. Sew on!