Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Contour Plowing"

This fabric has shown up before; in "camp without a camper", and just a few days ago in "Boler". I still think of an old camper every time I look at those brown and green angular lines, but let's keep in mind that my labels from the 1961 Children's Illustrated Dictionary; letters Bu to Di; can be somewhat limiting.....!Hence, this bag is called "Contour Plowing". It has a lot of contours.

This plower got paired up with some fresh flowers. You can see the cell phone/ key pocket hidden in the side panel there.
And today, she fail-eth not to show the inner workings of the bag's contours. You'll see Jane's pants there, conveniently adding not one, but three pockets for your stuff. Opposite the pant pockets is another large pocket in bright green.


Now, Carla, I know you are waiting over there on your end! I hope you are not crushed when you see this near duplicate of your Boler. But its no fun camping on your own, so let's see who else feels nostalgic about camping in the 70's. (Not that we did, much. But those fabrics still have a grip on me....)
It goes without saying that your name and numerical number starts us off for the day, and that the auction will wind up this evening. I will be "away from the desk" at 6:00 CST, but that's when the auction will close, nonetheless. I will be unable to respond until later this evening to indicate who the bag goes home with, but the bag will be awarded to the highest number according to blogger time of 6:00 pm.
I'd just like to take a second to say "thank you". Again.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right Joyce,"Contour Plowing" is nearly ldentical to my "Boler" that I was lucky enough to win. But the Contour is just as cute and I will give the Boler as a gift.

I open bidding with $50!

Anonymous said...

$60

zewom@mts.net

This one is a gift, really Joyce.

Anonymous said...

$65



CarlaG

Anonymous said...

$70
zewom@mts.net

Anonymous said...

$65 was my limit for today...good luck ladies!

See you on the blog in the morning Joyce!
Keep up your wonderful work!

Carla

:)

EPrairiegrrl said...

Own an almost Boler camper (a Surfside) circa 1976 that came with orange and brown tweeds not nearly as nice as these greens. Love this bag and do not already have one (hint, hint) :-)

$72

Anonymous said...

A woman's perrogative to change her mind...determined to have the Contour for my camping buddy.

Now $75

CarlaG

Anonymous said...

$80
zewom@mts.net

Anonymous said...

Sorry zewom, gotta counterbid again...$90

CarlaG

shaunak said...

I LOVE the fabric on the strap!

Anonymous said...

An even $100 for the people og Darfur!

CarlaG

joyce said...

right on, Carla. You got it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joyce it was my pleasure!
I only hope my contribution of buying Boler and Contour make a difference !

Carla :)

carla_graeb@yahoo.com