Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Polka Party



Some of you will remember this polka-dotty wonderfulness from a previous post where I waxed eloquent about a lot of fabric from Kim Z. Well, I couldn't let the hiatus begin without using a piece of it, now could I?


I paired it up with a velvety soft taupe/mustard coloured upholstery sample; some cool green curtains for the lining, and a strip of my mother's tablecloth for the strap.

For texture and awesomeness, I added some buttons to the dotty bits.


This is what I'd call the ideal Festival/Yard saling bag. It's small, but large enough to hold your essentials. This bag measures 7" x 9". A pocket beneath the flap is perfect for your keys and phone, and two pockets inside can hold your gold and your diamonds.
This bag is part of the final three. Leave your bid here if you are interested, and the party will shut down at 7:00 am cst, saturday, May 30.

17 comments:

Melodie said...

I love the buttons! It seems like they were meant for that fabric

Anonymous said...

It has been a most excellent journey of learning!
$30 for this cute little button Polka Party!
J.A.

shaunak said...

I'm gonna bid on all three! They are gorgeous!
$40

esther said...

so pretty!!
$45

shaunak said...

My daughter has one teacher who hasn't received a bag yet - better go to $50

esther said...

it's going be you and me shauna :)
$52

Jennifer P said...

$55. Because it is for yard saling.

Anonymous said...

I think we are only $6 short of the $14,000 goal at this moment-9:10 P.M. Thurs May 28. So.....
$58.
I do believe we now have $14,000 for DARFUR !
Anyone want to take us over the top?
J.A.

Anonymous said...

My last bid was $58.00 but that was $1. shy of $14,000 [can't keep up with the wild bidding action]. I will up my own last bid to $59. Now we have $14,000 for DARFUR !!
Anybody want to take Joyce over the top??

Anonymous said...

Sorry that last bid was mine at $59.00
J.A.

Anonymous said...

$60 for me
Carolyn

PamJ said...

61!

shaunak said...

$65!!

Anonymous said...

Due to miscalculation an additional $24
is still needed to bring Bags For Darfur up to the grand total of $14,000 !
Anyone up for the final stretch..........$$$$$
J.A.

joyce said...

hey Shauna, you just made another teacher happy!

joyce said...

oh and. J.A.- we have surpassed $14,000- because not all the cheques from previous bags have come in. But I love your calculating and cheering. it makes going out have a high note.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Joyce, incredibly humble, talented, generous & inspiring! One of Canada's best!
Hope Blunderview keeps chugging along now that Bags for Darfur is at rest. The blogosphere still needs your exceptional brand of insight & humour.
Congrats on your excellent work!
J.A.