Sunday, May 3, 2009

ToteWork


Well, with a lot of determination and some less-than-ideal language; I've set up a new blog. Silly old blogger won't reply to my numerous e-mails begging and pleading for help, so I'll just sulkily do-it-meself-thank-you-very-little.

I put together a tote bag using small upholstery samples in a similar style, but in varying colours. I kind of like the effect; and the button accents really spruce it up.


Here is the bag turned inside out so that you can get a good look at the pockets.

These buttons are out of my growing collection of gifts from button collecters all over. I still feel kind of stressed that I no longer remember which button came from whom; who has all gifted their buttons to me; and when they came to me. To the average pedestrian normal person, this may seem like an odd thing to stress over. But to me-- if someone is kind enough to gift me with theirs and or their mother's buttons.......... Well that's no small thing. With the mania of life and trying to keep small hands out of button jars and bowls and cannisters... They've all kind of co-mingled. Now my England buttons, my 82 year old friend of a stranger's buttons; Mrs Rickerts buttons; my thrift shop buttons; my Alice buttons, the sweet little lady who stopped by the house last week's buttons, granny Morris' buttons, reader from Ontario's buttons.... And probably some other marvelous people who I've since mentally misplaced; Their buttons are all living in community! And though I love that in theory; it kind of unwinds me. I'd like to be able to put my hands through my button collections and remember where every last one of those gifts came from.
*sigh*
Just one more frustration of being a bear of very little brain.

This splendid tote bag is available for all your toting needs. $25 Cdn will start the auction, which will conclude on May 5 at 7:00 am, cst.
**It has just been brought to my attention that the comment section works differently on this site than on the prior one. I don't know how to change it, and it appears that you need a URL to comment. It is easy to get that done; but if you don't feel like it, just e-mail me with your comment/bid and I'll put it in the comments myself until I get this new kink figured out.
(I'm not exactly a computer guru myself.)

5 comments:

Somewhere Over The Rainbow..... said...

See if this works......

Bags4Darfur said...

yup, that worked. What did you do?

Somewhere Over The Rainbow..... said...

Opened a blog account....

Anonymous said...

Any more beauties like these in the future? Curious what this tote sold for in the end??
Thanks
Jan

Bags4Darfur said...

hi Jan- it sold for a mere $25 after a lone e-mail of interest. This was the first bag posted on this new blogpost, since I had to move away from www.bags4darfur.blogspot.com
It refused to publish any more photos, so I moved here.

I'm sure there will be more bags similar to this one eventually- thanks for your interest!