Is anybody out there good at putting together some words for a brochure to have on my table at the upcoming fundraiser? I would like it to combine the following elements:
- using one's passions to impact the world
- a green, post-consumer project
- the ongoing situation in Darfur
(got it, thank you JayP)
Anybody else in my general area who is interested in a naiy frein? (gee, that Low German never did get put into a written language. I have no clue how to spell that).
Here's my own dictionary, then.
naiy frein: literal translation; sewing gathering. Its most base interpretation would be a close cousin to the "stich 'n' bitch". But closer in sincerity to the "Bible coffee" of my upbringing.
I'm thinking... Tuesday, April 6. Yes, that's very soon. That's how I roll. Here are some things that are rolling around in my head:
- If you can operate a sewing machine, I have two that I consider "user friendly".
- trimming threads and stuffing bags with paper
- Schmaltzing a brochure and printing off a million or fewer copies
- brainstorming some display ideas
- loading stuff into the van
- assisting with a fabric banner of sorts
If all you're capable of doing is the latter portion of the stitch 'n'....... Well, as long as you're cheerful and are capable of making coffee; we'll take you too. Just wanna come hang out? maybe play the wii? whateva. You can totally do that too.
One other question: Does anyone have access to an easel to hold a large-ish framed article? (good, got it, thank you Ginny Go Go)
Second question: Anyone in my area who is great with kids and wants to sub for three kids on Friday at my house?
Leave me a note, if you have some ideas or a hankering to come fondle my hankies.