Tuesday, May 18, 2010

henna


My friend Ruth passed along a great tunic shirt detailed in machine embroidery.
Kind of reminds me of a henna for a traditional Indian wedding celebration.


Unusual buttons dance along its border.





One of my Monday to Friday cherubs donated their hand for this project.
Ok. Well, the tracing of their hand.
Don't get all technical on me.


The mom of another babe donated the excess of her living room drapes to create the body of the bag, and some pretty tie-dye looking fabric forms the back and the pocket.



Brian sacrificed two of his his striped shirts so that you could have a handle to sling over your shoulder. How generous was that? I think his grade six students will get quite a kick out of a bare-backed teacher. What a guy.




Here she is turned inside out.


Henna measures approx 10" wide and 11" deep.
Start price is $25- Canadian.
*
It's been two years since the article in the Winnipeg Free Press, and its resulting boon to this project. Over eighteen thousand dollars have been raised. That's thanks to a lot of people.
I feel in my bones that its time for a shift; a new way to "do this thing". I have an idea or two percolating in my grey matter, but I wondered-- does anyone have any insights? Ideas? Suggestions? I'd like to hear them. Leave me a comment, or if you'd rather- send me an e-mail at re-joyce@mts.net.
For today- another auction.
we'll start it off at $25- Cdn. Bids will close at 9:30 pm, cst.
Happy Friday, everyone.

12 comments:

Dancin' Momma said...

So creative! $25

Dancin' Momma said...

I assume bids close today at 9pm EST?

joyce said...

right, sorry.
bids close at 9:30 pm cst

Mary KG said...

Sure I want it, but I'd like a smaller summer version, please. I'm sure you have nothing else to do with your time -- whip one up, ok??????
Schwester Mary

Lizzard said...

Ok, $30 :)

Dancin' Momma said...

I have a birthday girl that needs a beautiful Joyce creation ... $35

Dancin' Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dancin' Momma said...

Yeah! This is going to be the best birthday present ever! :) Joyce, please add this to Tied Up, and I will pay you for both at the same time. Thanks! :)

Lizzard said...

Darn, it is 7:31pm according to my clock so I guess you did! Enjoy :)

Dancin' Momma said...

Thanks! :)

Corrine said...

Beautiful Joyce! By the way, I am loving my bag!
Corrine

Chriss said...

I love love LOVE this bag but I missed noticing the bag until after it was bought as I almost always do!!! Here's hoping that maybe you'll make a similar one once you're "back" in the fall... (and that I'll catch the bid before it closes!)?