Sunday, September 8, 2013

Counting Up and Counting Down

Sunday morning.

Taking some inventory.

It would appear that by hook or by crook, the thrifted piles of whatnots and weirdo skirts, velvet deer wall hangings and burlap rice sacks have once again taken form as shoulder bags.

In five sleeps, we head on down the road to Clearwater, Manitoba for what's probably the province's best kept secret: The Harvest Moon Festival.

I'll be on the street with some other fair trade vendors, doing our thing.

(I can't wait!)

After the joy of a weekend in Clearwater, I'll be home hitting the sewing machine with both hands, both feet, and as much brain matter as I can stir up so that I can be ready for the Artisan Market at Winnipeg Culture Days, September 28 at the Bijou Site in the Exchange District. (where the fringe is held each year). The sale runs from 11 - 4, rain or shine.

Then, I had planned on being at the WEST (Winnipeg Etsy Street Team) Handmade and Vintage Sale IV on October 12 at RA Steen Community Center, but unfortunately a family obligation has fallen on that day. I hope you make it to the sale to support the many talented artists who will be setting up and spending the day selling their wares.

For now, I'd love to chat, but there are fabrics calling my name! See you in Clearwater on the weekend, and/or Old Market Square, Winnipeg on September 28.

 

1 comment:

We Are Bound Together said...

Looking forward to catching you again at Culture Days! Ah, it's that time of year again.